Hello! My friend has tibia stress fracture. He is resting now, because that is recommendation of his doctor. I want to know following: can tibia stress fracture heal on it's own? I mean, without any medications. I am asking you this because my friend takes some pills. I am thanking you in advance!

Hello! Actually tibia stress fracture heals on its own. Doctor only diagnose this injury and after that patient must rest. The drugs which your friend is taking are probably pain killers (I am sure that they are pain killers), because he feels pain. I really hope that my answer cleared you these things… If it is not, please, contact me again!

Hallo,
I am not sure if it is very smart to leave tibia stress fracture to heal itself on its own. My advice would be that he sees his doctor this because stress fractures are not harmless at all. In some cases if you take good care tibia stress fracture might heal on its own, but in most cases it is best to see a doctor. Some stress fractures require a surgery so he really needs to get his injury checked out. How old is your friend? How active is your friend? Does he play any sports? I hope that this helped you in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen