Hello! My doctor is suspecting that I have foot stress fracture, so, he told me that I need to rest. He suggested me to use crutches, too. I am not sure that I have seen any fracture on x-ray (but I am not familiar with medicine field). I want to know is there any possibility that foot stress fracture does not appear on x-ray.

Hello! If I were you, I would listen doctor. I am telling you this, because very often foot stress fracture does not appear on x-ray. To be precisely, in early faze does not appear, but after two or three weeks when healing process is started. If other symptoms point to foot stress fracture, doctors usually treat injury as you described.

Hallo,
I know that foot stress fracture occurs when you overuse your foot. It occurs when muscles become fatigued or overloaded and can’t absorb the stress and shock and repeated impact. I am not sure about all the diagnostic abilities but I think that you will be able to see your foot stress injury on the X ray. Now you have to talk to your doctor about this because sometimes doctors can confuse this condition with something else. I think that women are at more risk of having foot stress injury then men. How did you get your stress injury in the first place? I hope that this helped you in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen