Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

My friend has been hospitalized because of the botulism. I admit that I don’t know what that condition is, that’s just what he told me, all I know are the symptoms he complained about. It was first a mild nausea, then a strong one with vomiting and headaches then came too. Can you tell me how is this condition treated?

Loading...

Hmm, I don’t think it is dealt with the help of the regular anti poisoning medications. I think there is an anti toxic based on botulin which helps in situations like this. I guess that the only good thing here is that his problems were discovered in time and he can expect nothing else but feeling better and better hour after hour.
Reply

Loading...

Botulism is a serious paralytic illness caused by a toxin, botulin, that is produced by the bacteria Clostridium botulinum. Botulinic toxin is one of the most powerful known toxins: about one microgram is lethal to humans. It acts by blocking nerve function and leads to respiratory and musculoskeletal paralysis.

The respiratory failure and paralysis that occur with severe botulism may require a patient to be on a breathing machine for weeks, plus intensive medical and nursing care. After several weeks, the paralysis slowly improves. If diagnosed early, foodborne and wound botulism can be treated by inducing passive immunity with a horse-derived antitoxin, which blocks the action of toxin circulating in the blood. This can prevent patients from worsening, but recovery still takes many weeks.
Reply

Loading...