Hello. Two months ago my mother’s friend brought us 4 kittens. There were very small and very fun to watch. We didn’t let them be in the house, but we put a sofa out in the front yard so that they can have a place to sleep and warm up. We spoiled them by giving them lots of foods and treats. Now they’re a bit overweight for their age. Can you give me a piece of advice or some tips when it comes to feeding them? I’d really appreciate if you could give me a quick raw feeding plan for cats and kittens.

Hi everyone. :)

Well, feeding plan is something that you need to make by “experience”. And by experience I mean trying different kinds of meals until you find the foods and ingredients that your cats like. Also, when it comes to raw food I think you made a wise decision. All the vets agree that this way of feeding is really good for cats because, if I understood well, their organisms are used to raw food.

At the end, here is the list of meals that you can make for your cats:

* chicken

* fish (tuna for example)

* pheasant

* boiled carrots

* turkey

I am not so sure, but think that you cannot switch to raw food all of sudden and you need to go slowly. Cats’ digestive system is used to food you have fed them and you need to give them a little transition period.

The main idea is to encourage your cats to eat as much new raw food as possible. If they are hesitant, you need to continue feeding them the old way (but decreasing the amount of this food every day, until you switch it to complete raw).

As I heard, cats will make this switch at their own pace and you need to be persistent in helping them.

Good luck & much patience!  :)

Aw, that is so adorable. I just can imagine the mess in the house :) I have to say that I love this mess. Well, once you start feeding your kittens with raw diet, you should let them eat about a teaspoon of raw food maximum five times a day. After 12 weeks, cut back the number of meals to the three. A good kitten raw feeding plan includes – raw chicken meat and bones, raw lamb meat and bone as well, sardines, chopped lamb kidney, chicken, raw eggs, cottage cheese and yogurt.

Good luck with those adorable animals :)

Bye!

Hello Hi there. I had the same situation. From my experience, you need to go very slow in this process, because those kittens are small and still weak. 

About the food, I think that you should start with chicken, some vegetables, such as carrots, and raw eggs. Later, you can switch to some other ingredients, when you see are those cats for this diet program or not.I almost forgot, you can give turkey to your cats, it is healthy and good. But, try to find a lot of articles on the internet because it is really complicated eating plan at the beginning.

For cats I could, and that’s basically all what is mentioned before, combinations of different meat, vegetables, eggs. It’s the moment when you can show out your creativity, or google for ideas and recipes. But for kittens I don’t want to give you a feeding plan, they are so small to be on a diet! Why would you do that, can’t you just wait for them to be a little older and stronger. I don’t know, I never understood that, it’s the same as putting your child on some special kind of diet. I mean, it is healthy, but early age isn’t the right time for restrictive diets, let them enjoy food they like :)

Hello rubylock, my dear cat lover friend. :) 

You should be very careful with raw diet for kittens. Go slowly and follow their rhythm, check how they react and how their bodies accept new kind of food.You might realize that you have to give them only one raw meal per day, for example.

And that’s for the beginning of course, after that, you can slowly increase amount. Every week more and more and eventually you’ll get to the point when every meal is raw: chicken, fish, turkey, carrots, eggs - any kind you can think of and they seem to like. Happy eating! :)

The truth has been spoken!
Diet isn’t for little kittens!!! You need to wait until they are old enough to switch their eating plan. I usually wait until they are five months old to present them raw food (small portions at first).
You need to alter their eating habits gradually, every day a bit. They won’t lose anything and you will have healthier cats.
As for raw foods, I like to start with chicken, salmon, tomato and pumpkin. Always pay attention to give them enough meat for necessary proteins, minerals and amino acids (taurine in particularly). Just stick to basic principles of raw feeding and you won’t have anything to worry about.
Good luck!

Hello everyone. I totally agree with all of you. I have this small cat, that I found, and today I was talking with my vet. He told me that I should give them raw food, but only raw meat at the beginning. Later, you should try to feed them with raw food, but step by step. That is the only way. Raw food is something that is totally OK to give to your cats, but let them be a little bit bigger. Meat, raw vegetables such as carrots, and boiled eggs should be your first choice :)

Good luck with it.

Hello all! I kept to the same methods myself, not feeding my new (at the time) kitten any raw foods until she was a bit bigger, around 6 months old.
It seemed to be a very easy transition to the new diet, and she especially loves chicken and carrots. Of course, I can't comment on risks of giving them raw foods from a younger age as I have no experience of doing so, but the advice I got from the others is to leave them to grow a while first, and it has been proven to be a good advice as I now have one very happy cat :)
All the best with your new furry friend!