My friend is a clean freak.  On a normal day she will take 2 showers and up to 4 showers a day plus she does a water rinse everytime she goes to the bathroom then soaps it up after a bowel movement. She has been experiencing vaginal itching.  I told her that I think all that showering has upset her balance.  Anyone have input? 

Yes, you can shower too much!  You end up stripphng away your natural oils and healthy bacteria.  This can set you up for skin infections and itching.  This is also true of the vaginal area.  Soap can irritate the area.  Not to mention your friend may not have gotten all the soap removed when rinsing.  Your friend my be experiencing some anxiety issues.  It's probably a good idea to have your friend go to the doctor to talk about it.  If this is left unchecked for too long, your friend could have bleeding issues on their skin and vaginal area.  She may have had some emotional upset recently that is making her behave this way.  You might want to talk with her and see if you can find out what the problem is before she goes to the doctor.  I wish the best of luck to you and your friend.

Thanks Susan. I have been telling her exactly this for a while. She most definitely has emotional issues in this area. Only problem is that if she goes to mental health she loses her job...sounds illegal I know but she is a in house health worker and if you show any signs of instability you lose it. Well thanks for confirming. Christine