my daughter says she has vaginal lip pain on one side of her . she says it feels like she"s getting electracuted. it comes and goes .what could this be and should i take her to the hospital? no sign of redness,swelling and no bumps to be seen.

This could be nothing but it seems to me like it is something my friend’s daughter was suffering last year. Her daughter was experiencing terrible pain in her vaginal area. She was usually waking up at night and screaming and crying. They were visiting one doctor after another and no one seems to know what the diagnosis was.

Finally they have found one pediatrician who said that this is condition called vulvodynia.  The researchers and the doctor’s don’t know much about this condition and what is causing it. Since there is no known cause it is difficult to find the right treatment.

The best thing you can do is to visit your pediatrician and check with him about this condition. Try to find the best combination which will relieve the pain your little girl is experiencing. Let us know about the results because information like this is always helpful. 

did you ever get to the bottom of your daughter's vaginal pain? I have a ten year old daughter who today seems to be complaining of the same symptoms?

Thanks.