I had a few nights of restless leg syndrome, it went away but I cannot sleep a full nights sleep without waking several times. I have trouble getting to sleep as well. I am on Paxil and was on Clonipin. Slept with clonipin. Dr. wanted me to get off and tried Lunesta, Trazadone and a new one Rozerem. None of the ones listed helped. Now Dr. wants me to go to overnight sleep test for restless sleep syndrome, I know I do not have that what other possibilities?

You should consider yourself lucky for having a doc who recognizes restless leg syndrome. I had to change my doctor in order to have that. My first doctor attributed my restless leg syndrome to stress and nervousness and didn’t take me seriously although I kept telling that something else may be wrong.

I had so many problems due to insomnia and its negative effects like being moody and exhausted the following day.

You should know that restless leg syndrome varies in severity and duration in different people. If you, by any chance, suffer from mild form of it, you could feel the symptoms periodically. You have already said that you had it for just a few days and that it was gone then.
One more thing, symptoms may become worse in time as the disorder progresses slowly. .

Do you suffer from anxiety or are these drugs prescribed just in order to relieve insomnia?

I am on Paxil and Trazadone at nights. Every now and again I"ll get the restless leg thing, it's like the calves want to keep working or something. I found that if I massage them pretty hard witih Tiger Balm that I can eventually fall asleep.

U should try Restoril man...that stuff is guaranteed to knock u out hard. it is the strongest sleeping pill on the market in the United States.