what can i do to get some sleep at night? burning feet and hot legs are waking me up. i'm 54 years old and wondering if this is a menopause symptom.

Hi: Your symptoms CAN be related to menopause but I would suspect that is has more to do with "Restless Leg Syndrome" It can drive you insane. The twitching, burning, etc. Melatonin - from health food stores, is a good natural helper, so is taking Calcium with Magnesium and Potassium, Also increasing your B vitamin intake. One thing that helped me immediately is Mirapex - Pramipexole Dihydrochloride - by perscription mind you. It was a life saver for me. Try the natural way 1st, then if that doesn't work ask for Mirapex. It totally works!!! Good luck

I doubt that menopause would give you this, but it does sound like Restless Leg Syndrome. Talk to your physician about this issue.

I agree with AnthonyT: RLS or Restless leg syndrome reveals several symptoms including but not limited to -

•Strange itching, tingling, or "crawling" sensations occurring deep within the legs. These sensations sometimes occur in the arms.
•A compelling urge to move the limbs to relieve these sensations
•Restlessness - Floor pacing, tossing and turning in bed, rubbing the legs
•Symptoms may occur only with lying or sitting. Sometimes persistent symptoms occur that are worse with lying or sitting and better with activity. In very severe cases, the symptoms may not improve with activity.
•Sleep disturbances and daytime sleepiness are very common.
•Involuntary, repetitive, periodic, jerking limb movements occur either in sleep or while awake and at rest. These movements are called periodic leg movements of sleep or periodic limb movement disorder. About 80% of people with RLS also have this condition.