About 6 months ago I started having chest pain. The pain felt like tenderness in and around my ribs, but right around my heart. Over time I was sent for two EKG's. A Physiotherapists that told me I had a rib out, a Chiropractor that said my ribs are fine and that it may be a nerve pressing into something...the pain is now in my shoulder and so severe. I feel it in my chest, shoulder, radiating down my left arm, my fingers go numb from time to time. Also the pain is now starting up my neck and along my jaw. I'm scared. Because all signs point to my heart and yet it feels like the wrong tests are being performed. And everyone can say get a new doctor but I have seen at least 5 different doctors and unless I have more of a clue in what directions to send them they just keep telling me to put ice on it. Today I have my arm in a sling because it's too hard to hold it up on its own. Please help to give me some insight on what to do. I'm desperate.

Hey-- I am having the same kinds of pain that you are experiencing. All signs do point to heart failure. I do suggest you go to the doctor asap and make them run the tests you want. If they won't--GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!

Hello, I am having similar symptoms and I'm scared as I don't get any answers. I started to months ago with left arm pain radiating to my shoulder and chest. I ended up in the ER and was admitted for an abnormal beating and was admitted for 4 days. They ran a lot of test and was told that my heart was ok but I continued with the same pain and I couldn't believe they sent me home like that. I went to see my doctor and he questioned me in regards to depression. I got a little upset as I told him I was having a lot of pain that now was also radiating to my left hip and leg as well. Sometimes the pain also goes up my neck, jaw and I get some tingling filling in my face and needle like sensation in my back. He finally referred me to a Neurologist and she said I need to have an MRI of my brain and spine ASP to make sure there are no signs of tumor or something else in my brain causing this problem. I think its important to push doctors as sometimes depending on the insurance you have they will handle your case and that’s really sad. I hope the MRI will give me some answers.