I'm a 20 year old college student who lives a somewhat stressful life. I work and go to school, but as of recently I have started running out of breath and expieriencing chest pain. I have been to a quick care clinic and the ER. At first they thought asthma, the ER ran an EKG, and blood work and said i was good. The Dr. said i had inflamation around my heart, put me on pain killers and sent home. Now a week later, I'm still gasping for air and lying in pain. It's not really localized, just mostly around my upper left chest and even in the back of my left shoulder sometimes. Any ideas, your help will be much appreciated.

I'm finding the same~ I did not recognize it as stress at the beginning, but after having shortage of breathes a few times and feeling chest pain in the left upper side of my chest, doctors determined its panic attack~ now it's been after 2 months when it first started, but I'm still having chest pains~ chest x-rays and pulmonary tests all came back normal~
my question to you was~ did the pain killers work? was your heart inflamed?