Hello, I am writing a little a month after being involved in a t-bone collision. I was behind the driver's seat with my seat-belt on when a car pulled out in front of us on the highway. Needless to say we went from 55 to 0 mph pretty quickly.

Soon after the accident i began to have general aches and pains. I went to the health clinic at my college and they said it is normal, just the body starting to go back to normal after a surge of adrenaline. I shrugged it off and went on my way.

My aches started to hurt more a few days later. I began to self medicate with ibuprofen  about 3 tablets in the morning and 2-3 throughout the day.

The next week was my spring break so I went to visit my dad to celebrate my brother's birthday. While I was up there my other brothers came up as well, being the youngest I was assigned to sleep on an air mattress in the living room.

While I was laying down I got thirsty so I turned around and tried to get up by pushing myself up using my left arm. I heard a loud "pop" and fell back on the mattress and continued to cradle my arm and sob a bit in pain. Probably not the best idea to try to put all my weight on the shoulder that has been bothering me since the accident.

I went to urgent care the next day to get a second opinion. The doctor asked me about the accident, probed around my shoulder and asked me how it felt. He then performed an X-ray on my shoulder and chest to make sure no bones were broken. (I figured not but oh well) After hearing what I already knew (that no bones were broken) he prescribed a heavier dosage of pain meds/anti inflammatories. 

My pain eventually dulled down to the point where I am no longer on pain meds. However, at times my shoulder will pop painfully multiple times. Also, when I was in a choir concert recently my shoulder swole and hurt while I was holding my scores for about thirty minutes and continued to be sore until I iced it and fell asleep. At seemingly random times it will do this, swell up and be painful for a bit.

I am writing to get anyone's opinion on what this could possibly be. What should I do about it?

I am sure about it but since no bones are broken and there is nothing that has been prescribed to you except pain meds you should go for massage therapy. It is very effective in getting rid of pain that is hard to get rid off. And the best part is that it does not have any side effects. Just try it out with mild pressure and then gradually increase to see if there are any changes in the intensity of the pain.

rotator cuff injury  . have them do a mri ,, i was also in accident and was t-boned and now im having surgery on shoulder tand neck and back ,, but have them get that MRI done so u dont loose you shoulder functions... best of luck