I need some general info about autoimmune myocarditis. It is that my dad was always healthy and recently ha started feeling fatigue and dizziness and even lack of breath and sometimes sharp chest pain so he went to see a doc and got finished with autoimmune myocarditis and I never had heard of that before and would like to hear what is this autoimmune myocarditis about and is that treatable.

Hi! my dad was diagnosed with the same condition 6 years ago and he now is doing just fine-so I know that autoimmune myocarditis is very effective treatable but only in cases if it is recognized on time. Anyway being diagnosed with autoimmune myocarditis means that the heart muscle has been attacked by the antibodies-it is sort of a autoimmune attack and in this cased the heart is the target and the result is weakening of the heart muscle. Anyway it is important to detect whether this is acute or chronic autoimmune myocarditis so the proper treatment could be prescribed so I personally had an acute hearth muscle inflammation and I was treated effectively but it happens more often that autoimmune myocarditis develops progressively in heart failure and arrhythmia.