My husband has been treated with diverse drug treatments for he had severe mental health problem but it is left behind us but now his doc advised us he should go check if he has something what is called critical illness myopathy. I never heard of it before and am curious now why my husband is being suspected of having this critical illness myoptahy condition and is it something serious?

The good doc you have for it rarely happens docs advise this check up control and I think he adviced your husband to check whether he has critical illness myopathy for it usually occurs in people that was using diverse kinds of drugs or meds. Maybe in the meantime your husband has some respiratory problems that his doc was aware of for actually having critical illness myopathy means that the limb and respiratory muscles are affected and as for the critical illness myopathy diagnose it needs to be done a muscle biopsy test as well as EMG needle procedure. And if recognized on time than critical illness myopathy has all chances to be treated successfully.