Good day everyone.

My brother from my aunt was diagnosed with cardiac lipoma. When I talked to him yesterday, he told me that doctors told him that everything is OK and that he is going to be fine. When he hang up I started to think a lot about this disease. Probably because I don’t know anyone who had problem with this disease.

So I was hoping that you can tell me what are the causes and what are the best treatment options for a cardiac lipoma? I really want to help Josh, he is my favorite cousin.

Thank you!

Hi Aurora,

Usually, a lipoma is a mass of fat.

They often cause no problems but it depends upon where exactly it is in the heart.

We need more information.

Hey there medic dan. My aunt told me that she is very worried because some of her friends from the village told her that cardiac lipoma is very dangerous. I think that it is on the left side of his heart, again I repeat, my aunt told me so. I don’t know what that means, but if it is not that dangerous I am glad. Now, I am going to ask once again, even if I don’t know more info, what treatments doctors prescribe usually in this case? Treatments with medications or something else? Thank you for your time. Have a nice day.

Good day everyone.

I hope that you are doing fine.

Here is what I know about this - lipomas can be removed for various reasons such as: cosmetic reasons, to evaluate their histology especially when lipomas must be ruled out, when they are causing some symptoms and when they are larger than 5 cm. I don’t know what is in this case that you are talking about, but I know that no contraindications of removing a lipoma exist unless the patient is unfit for the surgery.

I believe that this is nothing that dangerous, but you never know. Good luck.

Hello guys.

Please, let me join this topic as well. My father was diagnosed with cardiac lipoma and I am so scared for him. My mom can’t help it, she is crying all day and all night because she believes that this is something extremely dangerous. I don’t know what the cause of it is so I was hoping that you can help me with some potential causes. My dad is 67 years old and he was never sick before. This is the first time. Can you help us and tell us what the best treatments are for it?

Good day everyone. I understand your concern, but you should not be that scared. I really hope that your dad is going to be ok. I will tell you what I know. A lipoma is a growth of fat cells in a thin capsule that is usually found just below the skin. Lipomas AREN’T cancer and they don’t turn into cancer. They are just found more often on your torso, upper thighs, arms, necks, armpits but they can also occur anywhere at your body. I can’t tell you what is the cause in your father's case but you can see that this is not that dangerous.

Good day guys.

It is an amazing thing because it is not dangerous. I know a couple ways how to treat cardiac lipoma, but like someone in here already told you, it all depends on the cause for a cardiac lipoma.

When your doctor see what is the main cause, he will set the proper treatment for you.

The good thing is that cardiac lipoma does not require surgical treatment, it doesn’t matter what the cause is.

Even if the lipomas are at some critical location, there is no need for surgical treatment.

Usually, treatment options are pills.

Have a nice day.