Hello! I need some info of how serious being diagnosed with cardiac sarcoidosis may be. I am only 34 and that is how I was diagnosed recently for I was having trouble with constant fatigue and shortness of breath I thought I might be having some lung problems and now this cardiac sarcoidosis thing I never heard of. Is there anyone to tell me something more about this cardiac sarcoidosis thing and what I could be expecting? Thanks!

Cardiac sarcoidosi is an inflammatory illness I have it also and am now on prednisone that is in fact type of corticosteroid anti inflammatory drugs that is supposes to reduce and to fix my cardiac sarcoidosis condition. Anyway I know that cardiac sarcoidosis is usually caused by some wrong behaving manner of the immune system that doesn't provide right condition for protecting organism from bacteria and viruses –so sometimes the results are fibrosis or scars over the lung –for it is the lung where the sarcoidosis usulay starts and than it may easily spread onto other organs such as heart in our cases so you than have this cardiac sarcoidosis condition that if well treated may vanish in couple of years but anyway being diagnosed with cardiac sarcoidosis means your heart has some scars that by the time could seriously affect your heart functions causing you arrhythmia and also weakness of the heart muscle.

My sarcoid was discovered in 1990 I beleive. In 2002 I had a pacemaker dual lead put in because of the sarcoid. It effected my AV node causing miss communication between upper chamber and lower chamber. If you are a veteran I would get on the internet and look. The Us Navy was a where of sarcoid since the 1940's and the Dept of Veterans affairs put out a list of what sarcoid was causeed from. Mold,bacteria,viruses, and enviromental Toxins?