Hello. I'm 30 year old female and I'm very worried about my father’s health. He is 60 year old and has big problems with his poor eyesight. He has a big diopter and also astigmatism diopter 1.
With years his cataract was just going worse and worse.
During a long history of his disease, he used several glasses and it was helpful in the beginning, but we all knew that this couldn’t be the permanent solution. So, one doctor recommended us some cataract multifocal lens implants.
I don’t anything about it and I would like to hear more about this. What are the benefits of this operation?

Hello. I'm 55 year old male and I have also had big problems with my cataract. I had those implants done last year and my life has changed since then. I was first offered to choose between monofocal an multifocal lenses and of course the second were much more expensive. The monofocal implant provides good focus at one distance, requiring glasses to focus sharply at other distances. The multifocal implant provides good focus over a range of distances. I will tell what I know about the operation. It involves making a small incision where the cornea, the clear layer covering the lens, and the sclera, the white part of the eye. Then the normal, body lens, is being removed. Then, then a synthetic implanted lens, known as an intraocular lens, is being inserted into the eye. Recovery period is very short and you won’t believe how you sight will change.