What stringy bowel indicates? I know that bowel motions are firm and moist. I suppose that this kind change of texture is not normal. My friend told me that he had it so I am interested to know what it means.

Yes, you are right, normal bowel motions should be firm and moist and easy to pass. When there is a change of color or texture that indicates that something is wrong. Parasitic infection of the gut can cause bowel motions to become thin and stringy. There are others like: watery, hard and dry or greasy…those are all changes of texture that indicates on some diseases.

Here is what you really need to know about stringy bowel movements

Parasitic infection or worms are one of the most common reasons. You can easily get them. Also, some intestinal infections such as salmonella, gastroenteritis, and shigella may cause loose stools or diarrhea and also they can cause some changes in your stool. Now, this annoying stringy stool may also occur for no obvious reason, but there’s no reason to call your doctor if you have occasional stringy stool.X ray with contrast can help you and your doctor to determine what this is all about. 

So the answer on your question - it indicates that something is not ok with you.