Hello, I would like to ask you a question. Is there someone who is suffering from speech disorders? My son, 8 years old, is suffering from stuttering. I am just afraid that it will not get complicated, and on the other hand, I do not want to make panic and run with him to the doctor.

Go to the doctor. You will not look like a panicky mother, just cautious one. Stuttering is one of several speech disorders. Others are lisps and vocal dysphonia as most common ones. But it is nothing to worry about, it will not get worse. Of course, he must undergo some speech therapies, but they are here only for helping him, so do not worry. He will be just fine.

Hi I am a speech pathologist- your son will need to see a speech pathologist or participate in a stuttering clinic-where there will be lots of other children who stutter. Depending on his stuttering he may need only 6 weeks of therapy or may need longer but it is important for you to do this as at 8 it is not a typical childhood issue and this may effect his confidence at school .. best to get on top of it now, and yes he will be just fine! Good luck! Ask around to find a good speech pathologist or clinic(e.g. some clinics are offered at uni's).

That is of course not a serious problem in a child. As the child is growing up, he or she will have this problem and it might stop later on. I have also gone through what your child is experiencing.

That's my personal oppinion on what's going on. I hope that solves your problem. ;-)