My husband recently found out that he has cervical bone spurs, but the weird thing was that he didn’t have any symptoms. He had occasional difficulties in swallowing, but we would never guess what the reason is for it. I would like some info about cervical bone spurs. This is totally new for me.

Most bone spurs cause no symptoms, although cervical bone spurs can protrude inwards, occasionally making it difficult to swallow or painful to breathe. Bone spurs may be a normal part of aging and many older people who don't have osteoarthritis or other diseases may still have bone spurs, though they aren't aware of them. His body may create bone spurs to add stability to aging joints. They may help redistribute one’s weight to protect areas of cartilage that are beginning to break down. For some people, bone spurs may actually provide a benefit, rather than a pain.