My throat clicks when I swallow. I am also a singer and the area that clicks is starting to get painful when singing. What's weird is that it seems to somehow be tied into jaw pain I've been having. Both are on the right side. Both problems seemed to arise at the same time. Anyone else have similar symptoms?

I also have that problem too. When I swallow it clicks. It does not always click. Most of the time it happens at night. I am not a singer but I do sing from time to time and it does get sore. Does anyone know what it is???

look up TMJ syndrome, go see a massage therapist

I've had the same problem for 3 months now! Have you made any progress in determining what it is?

I have also had the same problem, My throat or tongue feels all tight and i to click it to make it relax again.. Thats what it feels like to me anyway?!

Does anyone know why this happens and what can be done to stop it as its getting more frequant!.

Thank you to all who reply %-)

I have also have the same problem, My throat or tongue feels all tight and i have to click it to make it relax again.. Thats what it feels like to me anyway?!

Thank you to all who reply %-)

I observe this throat clicking in my wife - Myself (& This observation may seem very mean, but trust me, mean I am not trying to be - I am just trying to understand - & Of course, I am no physician, nor do I have any knowledge of anyone else's particular circumstances; nonetheless,), myslef, I most observe this throat clicking when my wife is having 1 too many drinks - She is not a heavy drinker, but to me, it is like her throat is asking for more alcohol - I talk to her about my concerns, but she dismisses them - She says the clicking is due to allergies - I say - Then, why is it most persistent when you're enjoying a couple glaaes of wine - What do I know? - I wish I knew more & could be more helpful

i had the same problem in 2002. had a quick 45-minute outpatient surgery at UCLA to remove the superior cornu cartilage that was causing the hyoid bone to pop when i swallowed. the problem was fixed. the medical term for it is "click larynx"

I understand. i believe u are correct with the correlation between the alcohol and the throat. i am a chronic alcoholic and when i drink heavily my throat seems to stick together at night and makes a clicking noise when i swallow. it sucks! watch her carefully when she's been drinking too much. sometimes it makes it difficult to breath when you are passed out from drinking.

You ALL need to see the symptoms of Eagles Syndrome. I am a 43 year old nurse . 6 mos ago I had a sudden onset of CLICKING WHEN I SWALLOW (otherwise perfect health), but it doesnt always click -it was positional, if I turned my head a certain way it happens. I waited for it to subside on its own. I googled-found many people plagued with same thing-very much misdagnosed. Hyoid bone involvment was what I finally found may be a cause-ussually from trauma-wrestlers usually get this. The treatment is somewhat dangerous surgery-shaving down the Hyoid bone and surrounding ligamenture. I finally went to an ENT-Ears nose throat Dr-(You must consult a specialist-regular Drs dont know enough) I had a CT scan with dye and without-he found calcification on one side of my neck-the Styloid ligament and Styloid process (prominence that sticks out) may be problem. These structures re supposed to pull the Larxny up when swallowing. He said I might have Eagles syndrome- I googled it and found many helpful sites. Good Luck...See an ENT and for Gods sake-DONT SMOKE!!!!T Conservative treatment may include stretching excercises, Chiropractic, Steroid injection, NSAID non steridal anti-inflammatory drugs (like kicked up Motrin). Hope this helps since so many people cant find answers. Julie 864-987-9708

acid reflux is my ent's diagnosis. I'm starting medication tomorrow. Make sure you take extra calcium while on meds. Good luck, all.

My daughter is having similar clicking and pain, have you found a solution? She is scheduled for a catscan soon.

I don't think the alcohol is necessarily relevant as I get the clicking and I don't drink any alcohol.