Hi, what changes in behavior are seen in drug abusers? My son is acting very strange, but I don’t know if he is taking any drugs.

Hi, many people believe that drug abusers and addicts are able to stop taking drugs if they are willing to, but it is not the case. If your son is taking anything he will not be able to stop just like that. It requires cleaning the body from drug he is taking and then to take some other medication that will relieve the symptoms of quitting drug. Drugs are widely abused, and you would be surprised if you knew how many people are taking drugs. If your son is over active, frustrated, easily irritable, hallucinating, confused, full of energy he could be taking some drugs.

I am sorry to put my nose in your business, but I am personally involved with an acctive addict. I can tell you from personal experience that it does not matter whether it's alcohol or drugs or both, any and all can and do alter not only the users behavior but also their moods, their sleeping patterns, their eating patterns, and their social patterns. This person that you know so well will seem like a complete stranger. Some days are good, some are bad. Understand that there are other things such as depression, personal and or mental problems, personal crisis, and many other things that can also lead to much of the same effects. With the person I know, mood is the first indication of problems. Next is money. Third is usually jail and finally a remorseful show put on to convince everyone he is no longer going to use. He has been locked up, facilitated, run through treatment after treatment, and this past monday he went to jail again for public intoxication, and three weeks ago it was a DWI. Until they want help... you cannot help them. If you need to talk, please email me at _[removed]_. I understand and I am sorry that you are going through this.