I am mother of 14 years old girl who has behavior problems. She is refusing to do things which I told her to do, she is constantly arguing with me and easily loosing her temper. I have tried to talk with her and to explain that she has to change her behavior bit there were no results. I don't know what to do and how to approach to this problem.

Hi, children in teenage period often show this pattern of reacting. I also had similar problem with my son but we overcome it. Sometimes it is hard to notice if this is just episode in their behavior which will pass or you would ask for doctor's help. My son's doctor told me that if such behavior lasts longer than six months than we would ask professional help. Very often these kids blame the others for their mistakes, loose their temper, they are stubborn and easily annoyed. I may suggest you to visit doctor if you are not able to controls such problem.

How to deal with teenagers is one of the main questions, it is actually an exam for all the parents. You need to know that this is something that usually happens, and your teen kid is not different by his behavior than my kid, for example. Now, some of the kids start to have issues that are really serious, while some of the kids are just seeking for attention. Now, normal teenagers are often moody due to hormonal and physical changes that happen during their puberty, and I think that pretty much we all were in it. However, when mental illness is involved, it may be difficult, so my advice is always to visit an expert and talk to him, to see what are his conclusions. 

Couldn't agree more.

I mean, I have a daughter, she is 15 years old. Almost three months ago she was a completely different kid. Nice, caring, kind. But almost a month ago, like a devil came inside of her. She started to wear mini skirts, even in the school, she is wearing too much of the makeup, she started to listen this heavy metal - I am not saying that this music is wrong, but she was not into it. I believe that her friends are trying to change her because I still can see this carrying, beautiful girl beneath this girl that I don't know anymore. So, how to deal with teenagers? It depends, but sometimes, physiotherapy is necessary. I am thinking about this way of the treating because I believe that this is one of the way on how to overcome this issue. It is not a shame to visit an expert who can help you. 

Can you give me a little bit more information?

Many possible causes:
1. insecure attachment
2. absent parent
3. loss of parent
4. the types of people she 'hangs' with.
5. attempting to "find her identity."
6. maybe she is upset and a face to face (adult to adult) communication may help get to the bottom of this.

She is having behavior problems. First of all you have to find out the underlying issues that make her do such type of behaviors. Spend quality time with her to know & understand her better and build a mutual relationship of trust and understanding. Secondly, you need to adopt an effective home based intervention tool so that you can properly judge & correct her behaviors. There are number of reputable intervention programs available online. Home Intervention System is one of such programs that will help you deal with a wide range of problems that children often encounter including; anger, substance abuse, school issues, self-esteem, arguing, motivation, interacting with family, and more. No Parenting technique, approach, talk, or change on your part will work until your child is motivated to listen to and follow your directions. Most children don't lack the ability to obey their parents or follow rules, they simply lack the motivation to do so. The Home Intervention System was developed by administrators of schools and programs for struggling youth and has been adapted for home use. The Home Intervention System, , shows you how to motivate your teen to make changes just like they do in these schools and programs. The System utilizes a simple but powerful Attitude and Behavior Modification Program. I hope this information helps you. Best wishes....

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed