Hi, I have a sixteen years old son. He used to be a very nice kid. In the last two years he has become intolerable. He is harassing his school mates, skips classes and doesn't do his homework. His teachers complain about his behavior, but when I confront him, he says that the teachers are lying. I thought these were all teenage problems, but now I think this is an antisocial behavior. Am I right? Is there something that can be done about it?

Hi, I can see that you are very concerned about your son. Antisocial behavior is not a consequence of a bad upbringing of a child. Antisocial behavior is caused by antisocial personal disorder. Your son is in the ages when the signs of antisocial behavior first appear. This kind of behavior can lead your son into the crime. However, this can be prevented with a help of a professional therapist. There for I suggest you take your son to a psychiatrist as soon as possible. He will evaluate your son's condition and decide what would be a proper therapy.

Hi, I have a sixteen years old son. He used to be a very nice kid. In the last two years he has become intolerable. He is harassing his school mates, skips classes and doesn’t do his homework. His teachers complain about his behavior, but when I confront him, he says that the teachers are lying. I thought these were all teenage problems, but now I think this is an antisocial behavior. Am I right? Is there something that can be done about it?

Hi, I can see that you are very concerned about your son. Antisocial behavior is not a consequence of a bad upbringing of a child. Antisocial behavior is caused by antisocial personal disorder. Your son is in the ages when the signs of antisocial behavior first appear. This kind of behavior can lead your son into the crime. However, this can be prevented with a help of a professional therapist. There for I suggest you take your son to a psychiatrist as soon as possible. He will evaluate your son’s condition and decide what would be a proper therapy.