Hello! My sister has a son who behaves badly. When he doesn’t get what he wants he screams like crazy and becomes aggressive. He is her only child and I think he is spoiled but my husband thinks this kind of behavior needs further treatment. It especially difficult to control him in public and my sister doesn’t know what to do any more. What to co with child who has behavior problems?

Hello! If your sister can’t find the way hoe to deal with such behavior it would be good to seek a support of a specialist. It doesn’t mean a child needs a therapy. It means your sister can get some good and practical advices which will improve his son’s behavior. I used to ignore the unwanted behavior of my children and it worked in most cases. But, there are situations when unwanted behavior can’t be ignored and then I used the time-out method. When the unacceptable behavior occurred I used to tell my children that such behavior is unacceptable and gave them a warning that I would put them in time-out area which was usually a corner or a chair. I was always calm and didn’t look angry. I never discussed their behavior and always looked for ways to reward them for their good behavior later on.