Hi, I need help. I need to know exactly what antisocial personality behavior is. A high school psychologist diagnosed my son with antisocial behavior. Most of the time he is very quiet, but on the other side, he can be very impulsive. However, I know my son. He is a perfectly normal child who is just going through puberty.

Hi, I have a thirty years experience as a high school teacher, and I have seen many kids behaving antisocial at that age. Puberty is time when children are changing the most, when they’re becoming adults, and it is absolutely normal if they act differently. Maybe he isn’t very social at this age, but it certainly doesn’t mean that he has a social personality disorder. I know how this disorder looks like because I had a few students with real problems. They were violent to the other kids and to the animals and had a lack of empathy for the suffering of others. They were also stealing from other people. Those kids never had any remorce for thair actions. These are the real simptoms of antisocial personality disorder, so if your son is not doing any of these things, don’t worry to much.