Hello, I am male, 49 years old. After I survived heart attack I agree to do angioplasty with stent placement. To tell you the true heart attack scared the hell out in me. Small, expandable wire-mesh stent is permanently inserted into the artery during procedure and the balloon is placed inside the stent and inflated, which opens the stent and pushes it into place against the artery wall to keep the narrowed artery open. I bearded procedure well, but soon after chest pain started again. I am starting to think that mine mistrust in doctors was justified.

It is very worrying that you having chest pain after the stent placement. Angioplasty should relive your chest pain and improve flow to the heart, although it is risky procedure. I hope your surgeon preformed everything well and that is just brief pain that will pass soon. You might need another surgery.

yes, as it seems to be the usual after stent placement with many of us you would think they(being drs) would know it can't all be in our heads.I have loss faith and am scared of all docs. Good luck to you

I am a 50 year old female, I am in very good shape work out and pride myself in my fitness. In Sept I had a heart attack, I had a Stent put in, weeks following I continued to have pain, after many tests Dr. decided to do another angiogram to look and see ,what was going on. After this procedure Dr told me my stent was not sitting correctly in my artery,they said they fixed it. I should not have anymore pain and if I do it is not my heart it is something else! Well 2 weeks now and I do have pain, what do I do? I am sacred! I need some advice

Hi, I ihow you feel. i'm a 54 yr old female, and had a stent put in 6 weeks ago. i am constantly in pain these days. i've been by ambulance to the hospital twice in the last week and they just keep sending me home saying it's stress. The pain is here again and i just don't know what to do. I am scared too. i hope someone can give us both some advice.