Hello, folks. My husband had his renal artery occluded. He went to angioplasty and a stent was put into this artery. However, this artery re-narrowed and he got stent restenosis. I would like to know how to treat this kind of renal artery. What are your experiences? Thanks in advance. Bye!

Hello. Well, your husband will probably have to go under another stent procedure. Stent restenosis happens within 20% of the patients. Putting drug-eluting stents lowers the chances for restenosis. When restenosis appears with coronary arteries, then intravascular brachytherapy is done. However, this procedure for renal artery is not well understood. I think this method is still not approved for renal arteries. Your husband should talk to his cardiologist for more details. I hope your husband will resolve this in the best way. Bye!