Hi, I have coronary arteries and doctor recommended me placing stents in arteries. I have no idea what is he talking about. Can you explain me please? Can it cause any complications?

Hi, diseased coronary arteries are often treated with drug-eluting stents. These stents slowly release the drug which prevents the artery from being blocked. It also blocks cell proliferation and scar-tissue–like growth. Coronary arteries are dangerous, because they can lead to heart attack and death. Stent is a foreign object and it may cause an immune reaction of a body. If a stent damages the arterial wall, it could lead to clots forming. Stents are made of expandable framework, and it has a carrier (typically a polymer), which slowly releases the drug. Possible complications are usually allergic reactions, failing to heal after removing catheter and thrombosis.

Three weeks after having stent in kidney my upper back where kidney is, is hurting very bad. my artery was blocked over 80% Please what do you want me to do?? that is my e-mail