I am 26 years old and I'm a marathon runner for 5 years now. I am more of an amateur than a professional, but the point is to finish the race, right? Anyway, every year I manage to save some money and travel to some distant part of the world and participate in a marathon run there. This year I am running Chicago marathon. I already made travel arrangements and now would like to know some background of this race.

First of all, I have to congratulate you on your marathon passion. You claim that you are an amateur, but it seems that you are doing everything to participate in many races around the globe. The course of Chicago marathon is fairly easy for an experienced runner, it is flat and that is the reason for many world records achieved there. Since you have experience you won't have a problem with finishing race within 6 and half hours (only those runners are officially timed). Just hurry with applying, only first 45 000 people will start the race.