Anyone experienced this? I haven't really wanted to run or do squat! I think I may need to enter another marathon to keep my but in gear. Since the marathon I have trained a handful of times and my weight has gone up 7lbs........Any ideas on how to get out of a rut?

I think it's normal to get some post-race depression after a big event (marathon is certainly one of those!). Just set your sights on another goal, whether it's another marathon or even trying to set a new PR in a shorter distance.

Have tried doing some cross training for a week or two. Maybe riding a bike or using a rowing machine will get you back into the exercise mode??

For me when I have run the marathons I usually had another short race like a 5K planned for about a month later that I would work back towards by running shorter distances after I took some time off.

It's called post-marathon depression. It's a good idea to set your short term goals right away. Otherwise, you won't have any ambition to get out and train.

I ran a 1/2 marathon about 1 month later. It helped make me go out and run. Now, after the 1/2 marathon in November, it was tough!!! I had no goals and no races to work toward. It was really a struggle to get out in December.
January was better because I was first thinking of a spring marathon if I could keep my running base up, but with the weather and company I have not gotten the workouts in.
I do have a bunch of races planned now for spring to work toward. My big spring event are a 5 miler I ran last year and then a hilly 20K end of May.
I have to have goals and a training plan to follow, otherwise I will blow things off.

Maybe you are overtrained, and your body needs a break. I agree with Boiler, maybe try some cross training. Maybe take the bike out for a nice long ride

Well I am getting back into it. I have a du-Atholon April 16th then another 10K May 1st. I am looking at running a 1/2 in Nashville at the end of May.

I finally told myself on Thursday morning get your BUTT out of BED! So Far I ran 3 times this week.....and I went ahead and set a base schedule of 40 mpw. Tuesday thru Friday look like 6,8,6,8 then a long run of 12 on Sundays. Monday and Saturday I plan to ride!

Thanks all for the words of wisdom!

very common.

I usually had no desire to run for quite awhile after my forays into the marathon world.

It'll come back.