I have decided to run my first marathon. I have some doubts as to my form and ability to complete the race. I have been preparing for it for a couple of months. I would like to test myself and see if I have any chances in such competition. Do you have any training suggestions for my first marathon?

Congratulations. You are about to join the toughest athletes’ club. To qualify for the marathon, you must meet the time standard appropriate for your age group. As for the training, well, you have to give yourself enough time. Rome wasn’t built in one day. So you won’t become a marathon runner over the night. It takes time, dedication and effort. Start with good 5k’s and 10k’s then work up to half marathon. After that calculate your time in half marathon and see where you are compared to the runners that run full marathon. Then you can adjust your workouts accordingly.