Hello! My six year-old daughter has been suffering from diarrhea for the last two days. I can’t make an appointment, but the nurse told me that I can get immodium in a pharmacy and give it to her. I would like to know if this Imodium is safe as this is my only child and she hasn’t suffered from diarrhea before. Thank you!

Hi there! Yes, Imodium is safe and it is the only approved over-the-counter drug for treating kids with diarrhea. I used it successfully with both of my girls and it worked just fine. Feel free to stop by a pharmacy and get one.

how much immodium ad can i give my five year old at one time

I would not use this.
Immodium is an effective remedy to temporarily stop diarrhea if circumstances require it to be stopped, eg, an unavoidable bus trip or flight.
Whatever has caused the diarrhea is still in the digestive tract (usually an infection, or toxin by products of same) and needs to get out before the condition will heal.
Natural healing is best. Keep the child hydrated, if necessary use a rehydration solution (includes salt/s, sucrose) and my own recommendation, activated charcoal tablets (swallow with water, same as any tablet), these help absorb toxins and can shorten a bad case of the "squirts", in my experience.

could this same advice be true with a 82 year old woman