I had a colonoscopy 1 week ago and still have not had a bowel movement even though I have taken a stool softener every day and eaten fiber and figs etc. Is this abnormal after emptying the bowel completely?

Most definately I would consult the doctor/surgeon. A post colonoscopy should not prevent you from defecating after one week, specially when you are doing the right thing in terms of fiber. Are you drinking enough water? Were you constipated BEFORE colonoscopy?

i have been constipated before colonoscopy and after... i started being constpiated since i have taken a certain medicine against diharrea when i didn't need to, because my diarrhea was not infection related but due to pms. WHen i went to the pharmacy they said they didn't have Imodium, ( imodium is taken in case of diharrea not necessarily infection related but even common diarrhea like related to pms) they have given me bioflor, a medicine which is highly affective against infection diarrhea/colitis ( i don't have any) I have taken bioflor till the diarrhea was over, and in exchange i became constipated and didn't have a bowel movement since 24 th march, later i went for a colonoscopy after it was introduced in our country, i don't know what to do next, i think if a colonoscopy is normal, creatine levels ( i checked last year) normal, then i think the constipation comes from something idioptatic (primary); i think one should take laxatives like bio 3 but i'm afraid to do so i am letting the system doing the process alone, when i heard that colonoscopy causes constipation, btw i am like 3 days now after colonoscopy done. write back