I got a stomach bug about 3.5 weeks ago and I am still having problems. I went to the doctor and was put on Cipro and was doing better. Not perfect, but much better and things were starting to turn back to normal. Yesterday (I was done with cipro this past Saturday) was terrible again and last night was even worse. I took some immodium and it's working for now, but what in the world is going on? My diarrhea has lots of white in it and blood, but that went away while on the cipro, but it came back last night.

Please help.

You never said what exams has your doctor performed? Considering you’ve been experiencing bloody diarrhea with mucus for more than two weeks I reckon you need to be fully examined and determined what the trouble is. How old are you?

You need to have blood tests done, check renal function, liver function, have urinalysis done, x-rays and have your stool examined if you haven’t already.

Another recommended exam would be sigmoidoscopy, to check your rectum and lower part of the colon and check for diseases there.

Do you have any additional symptoms outside of gastrointestinal tract? Do you have stomachaches, cramping, etc?
If not, I would suspect a mild form of ulcerative colitis, exactly what I had when I was experiencing similar problems! Ulcerative colitis is an inflammation of the mucosa in the rectum that may spread to the colon. The cause is not known, but if there’s a family history of this disease, you are more likely to get it.

I think you should ask from your doctor to perform these tests if s/he hasn’t ordered some already!