Hi, I divorced my husband after lot of fights and arguments. My 8-year-old son is living with me now, and gets to see his father only once a week. After lot of thinking, I realized that no matter what the court says, my husband has every right to spend time with his son as me. He might not be a good husband, but he surely was a good father, and I don’t want to take it away from him. Maybe I will regret it, but I don’t want to keep my child apart from his father.

Hi, divorce is sometimes unavoidable thing for adults, but small children need time to understand why their parents don’t love each other any more. Children shouldn’t be apart from their parents, because they need both their mother and father. It is nice thing that you’re unselfish and fair to your husband and son. However, before doing anything, remember how all this happened at all. Maybe you had some good reasons for keeping your son apart from his father. But if you realize that it was just your revenge for a bad marriage, then you should do the right thing and let them spend more time together. It’s not fair when children suffer because of their parents stubbornness, and I’m glad when I see someone who is ready to make a compromise. Your son will know how to appreciate it when he grows up.

Please do not keep your son away from his father. That will only hurt your son. He will feel like he has don something wrong to cause his father to abandon him. Trust me it will hurt him even in the future.My boyfriend never had a relationship with his dad. My boyfriend is 24 now and still gets upset when he thinks about or talks to his dad. Please don't put your son through that kind of pain. What kind of mothe rwould that make you? You would be hurting your own child on purpose. After all, he loves his father even if you don't.