Hello, I am 44 years old and I am in need for some good advice. I am trying to quit smoking for some time now and I had some partial success, I managed to reduce the number of cigarettes down to 10 a day, from 20. Anyway, I have been using some syrup for the morning cough and doctor said that I managed to relieve some of the secretion. Is it possible to have choking sensation present even after the obstruction was resolved? It is happening to me…

Well, you have to know that the only thing that would actually help is quitting smoking, completely. It is a good thing that you have managed to reduce the daily amount of nicotine taken, but that is not enough. And even when you reduce the cigarettes to zero, a lot of time will have to pass for your air passages to cleanse completely. Thus the choking sensations. Syrup might help, but only partially, the main problem still exists.