Hi, I need some advice concerning my husband’s health. He is 51 years old and I think he smokes about two packs of cigarettes a day, sometimes even more. He explains it with a stressful work, but I know that it is just a habit now, one that he will not get easily rid of. So, can you tell me what helps breathing during obstruction?

Well, the only thing that would really help now is leaving nicotine. And I know that it sounds like an impossible task, but believe me it is not that hard. Well, it is not an easy thing either, but I guess he slowly realizes how much are cigarettes hurting his health (you did ask about breathing obstructions, so I guess he suffers from it). There are some meds that might relieve him partially form the symptoms but the main issue remains, he has to quit smoking and improve his health, asap.