Hi, I like to drink beer and can’t even imagine having a beer without cigarette. So, now when I think of quitting smoking, I can see myself without cigarette in every situation except when I take a beer. How to quit smoking when drinking a beer?

Deciding to quit smoking is an important decision that need s to be made by every reasonable man. But, to quit smoking you need to be resolved, to get support and outside assistance. Physical harm done by nicotine and other poisoning ingredients, often even carcinogen will endanger your health and result in many disorders like high blood pressure, lung cancer ... When you have a habit like combined consumption of alcohol and cigarettes it’s even more difficult. It would be advisable for you to stop visiting places and put yourself in situations when you get a chance to drink a beer, because then you will not need a cigarette either.

check out the electronic cigarette, great alternative and it's a way to gradually quit if you want, ***edited by moderator***

Keep drinking without smoking. Remove the 2 as partners. If you try to quit drinking for a while to keep you out of a smoking situation, the minute you have a beer you will almost defiantly smoke too. So purposely have a drink or 2 and not smoke, get used to them being 2 separate acts. Once you are free from nicotine addiction it is easier to picture yourself without a smoke in any situation. I have been quit for over a year now and drink pretty regularly.

This was a stumbling point for me every time I had any success with quitting. Also, quit cold turkey, none of that patch or gum sh*t. It only prolongs your addiction to nicotine. If you can get passed 2 weeks without ANY TYPE of nicotine you are beyond any physical addiction and the rest is in your head. It's tough but it has to happen some time if you are gonna kick the habit.

GOOD LUCK!