I have been smoking for round and about ten years now and I really want to kick the habit. Smoking is dusgusting, expensive, makes your breath smeel horrible, and your clothes, and your flat, and is not good for your arteries either, apparently ;-). So, I want to attempt quitting smoking by using nicotine patches. Can someone inform me what the side effects are?

I stopped smoking nearly five years ago. To give me a push in the right direction I started out using nicotine patches. I only use the nicotine patches for 10 days, but it really took the edge off. After only 10 years, I thought, why should I spend more money on nicotine patches than I did on cigarettes, and I stopped using them. I did have some minor cravings for a while but when I had those cravings I took to drinking a pint of water every time. It was gone within about a week. I could say the nicotine patches helped me to get over the worst. Now, I didn't suffer from any side effects but I have heard that you could suffer from heart palpitations and dizziness. Good luck with quitting smoking! You can do it!