My wife had a sonogram today the doctor said she may have seen what looked like a cyst on the baby's kidney/s. We are to have another next week by someone else. What types of cysts are most common? How serious is this? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I realize that only general info. is possible. That is fine. Thanks for any help!
Worried in TX

I was wondering if you were able to get any advice on your posting - my daughter had a sonogram and they also found a cyst on the babies kidney. She is worried and I have been searching the web for any answers - saw your posting and was wondering what information you have been able to find out - she has an appt with a specialist to do a more intense sonogram in a week.

Thanks,
Worried Mom - Cali

I was about five or six months pregnant when they told me the same thing. They had said that there might be cysts on my baby's kidney's. I was shocked, because I guess everyone wants to hear that they have a healthy baby. I had to go for more ultrasounds and when It came closer to the time of birth; they had told me that everything was fine and there was nothing wrong with the kidneys. I think you should look up on the web (kidney cysts) and dont be too worried.

After reading your post it has help me feel a lot better because I was worried when I had a sonogram that my baby right kidney was filled with cysts. Of course being a mother my first instance was that my baby was not going to make it. Now hearing the positive that came from out of your story about your daughter it made me have a different thought. My sonogram was done at 24 weeks and later in my third trimester I had another done at 30 weeks they did not see anything alarming with my son kidneys.

my daughter was told this just last week and she is 22 weeks pregnant... we are all scared and crying cuz we dont want to loose our boy... this gives us just a little bit of hope to cling to until we see the specialist in 2 weeks..

i just had a level 2 ultrasound because cyst were found on my daughters right kidney. i'm 19 weeks along and now the doctors are say8ing that she has a chance of having down syndrom. i had an amnio cynticese done to try to give me some kind of for sure anwser of weither or not my unborn daughter will have DS. if anyone has any information that can help me i would be so grateful.

thanx, worried mom to be