HI YALL, I'm to understand that type 2 diabetes is reversible. Is this true. Is there a certain time when this happens more so than other times? I sure would like to cure my diabetes and get off the medications and begin living a more normal life again. Is there anyone out there that has been able to reverse their diabetes? If you, I would like to here from you and how you did that. I hope it is as simple as maintaining a healthy diet and exercise which is what I'm doing now. But, I think I'm not doing enough. I still have times when my blood sugar levels are high (not too high) but higher than they should be. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello, I'm to understand that it is possible to reverse type 2 diabetes. I'm afraid my diabetes went on for too long before I was diagnosed and I've had some complications. However, I seem to be much better now. I have my diet and exercise under control and manage my blood sugar levels fairly well but it was touch and go there for a while. I think you can reverse diabetes type 2 simply by dieting properly especially if you are pre-diabetic or in early stage diabetes. In fact, you may not require medication at that point and will strictly rely on diet and exercise to maintain blood sugar levels. Diet and exercise alone can bring you back to normal. There have been some animal studies done on this that suggest that's all you need to do. Remember, it takes a life time of eating all the wrong foods to develop diabetes type 2 so the sooner you clean up your act the more likely you blood sugar levels will stabilize. It's nice to know that this is possible and the way to take care of it is simply diet. If you discipline yourself, you may be able to cure yourself. I hope this was helpful in some way and I wish you all the best of luck.