HI, I am a 33 year old woman that has been diagnosed with diabetes mellitus for almost 20 years. I had abnormally high blood glucose levels which is learned to control with time. My blood sugar is in good now, but every time I sit down to a meal I sweat. In the last 3 years I sweat on my face and head. This is a big problem for me. I wonder if other people experienced this.

Hello, I am also diabetic (diabetes mellitus) and I am insulin dependent. I have been taking new 24 hour insulin called Lantus for almost a year. I also sweat when I eat, so I have discussed this with my doctor, but he doesn't seem to have an answer. I thought that I am in menopause, so I have been tested to see, but the test came back that I was not. I still don’t know is this because of my diabetes or am I just strange.

You might want to try a homeopath.. I am pretty sure he can resolve that for you. Out of curiosity, are you someone who keeps things inside?
Incidentally I am also diabetic but I am following a special diet where the quantity of food you eat is NOT restricted. However the type of food is!
Also I am taking homeopathic remedies to detox my body.
I have also lost 3 kgs in one month.
AND my sugar levels are great, considering I dont take ANY western medications (even though I have been given two tablets Metformin and Gliclazide to take.
The rate I am going, I am hoping to fall to prediabetic levels in a month or so. Just to give you an idea, my fasting levels (without taking any medications) has been around 10-11 mmol/L. In one month ( Jan 2010) my lowest reading was 5.8 and the highest was 8.3.

I eat as much as I want. Only difference it WHAT I eat.
There is also a video
about reversing diabetes, you might like to see it.

Good luck

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Sweating associated with sugar diabetes is usually a sign of advanced and long-standing diabetes resulting in nerve or kidney damage. The mechanism causing excessive sweating in sugar diabetes is not fully understood. Excessive sweating can occur in 70% of diabetes patients with kidney damage and 40% of diabetes patients nerve damage.

For more details on diabetes please visit