Hi
I am wondering if there is something I am lacking in my diet because I am drinking & eating things with cinnamon. I do this every day and can't get enough. Until this past Dec and now Jan cinnamon was just something I had once in a great while.
Thank You

Yes! I'm having the same craving all of a sudden for cinnamon. I noticed it a couple of months ago as well. I hope someone can enlighten us.

Me too! I found this board because I googled "cinnamon craving." Over about the past week I've been craving cinnamon like crazy, and the more I eat the more I want. I'm putting it in cereal, and even in coffee. I've always liked cinnamon, but this seems extreme. And no, there's no chance I'm pregnant.

I have been researching the same thing! See below..

Studies have shown that just 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower LDL cholesterol.

Several studies suggest that cinnamon may have a regulatory effect on blood sugar, making it especially beneficial for people with Type 2 diabetes.

In some studies, cinnamon has shown an amazing ability to stop medication-resistant yeast infections.

In a study published by researchers at the U.S. Department of Agriculture in Maryland, cinnamon reduced the proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.

It has an anti-clotting effect on the blood.

In a study at Copenhagen University, patients given half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder combined with one tablespoon of honey every morning before breakfast had significant relief in arthritis pain after one week and could walk without pain within one month.

When added to food, it inhibits bacterial growth and food spoilage, making it a natural food preservative.

One study found that smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory.

Researchers at Kansas State University found that cinnamon fights the E. coli bacteria in unpasteurized juices.

It is a great source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium.

While it's great to know all that about cinnamon, I, too, had a non-pregnancy-related mad round of cinnamon cravings that I'm just coming out of and would like to know whether this is indicative of any sort of imbalance.

I'm pregnant and have been craving cinnamon. It looks like everything I am reading is positive about eating it. Maybe my blood sugar levels are wonky and this is my body's way of stabilizing? I don't know!

If you find yourself craving cinnamon, it may be a signal that your pancreas needs a little extra help and that your blood sugar levels are outside of the normal range.

I have been craving cinnamon for the past few winters....all of a sudden! I understand what you mean when you say " you cant get enough"!. I want it all day, everyday, in mass quantities. The craving seems to pass once the weather warms up a bit. I wonder if its my change of diet and appetite increase in the winter to accommodate more carbohydrates (maybe, its the refined sugars that seem to come on with winter too....),and/ or if it has something to do with the cold weather and working to improve circulation??

I'm so glad to hear some more people are craving cinnamon I started cpl weeks ago

I too crave cinnamon every single day. I eat a very large crumb cake every 4 days. It's never enough!

It's microbial and anti-fungal for two things. Used in Chinese medicine.

It may indicate that your pancreas needs support in balancing your blood sugar.