Hello. My sister is about to start with Danish diet. She is preparing for it today. She actually just went to the store to buy all the groceries that she will need. We were searching the net so that she can make a list of the things that she should buy. We didn’t find a lot of stuff. Hope we will find something when she comes back. If anyone here has any experience with this diet, please give us some recommendation about what she could eat for breakfast. We will appreciate any suggestion since we really have no idea what to prepare tomorrow.

You can make a  delicious,easy,low carbbreakfast. It is easy. Just put 2 oz. ( quarter bar)of cream cheese in a coffee cup. Then,  microwave it for 30 seconds. Stir. Take one egg, one teaspoon of  vanilla extract, one packet of sweetener and add it to it. Mix it all together (you don’t need to use blender, spoon will do it just fine). Now you need to microwave it for about 45 seconds until a custard consistency. If you are doing it right it will rise a little. Remove it from the microwave and then put half teaspoon of butter on top.  Finally,  sprinkle it with cinnamon. Don’t use sugar. 

Hello to all :) .

Mellisa8 I am familiar with your recipe. I even made it once. I can’t say I liked it. Maybe I am just a terrible cook. But I can interest you with a delicious smoothie. That’s where I think of myself as a professional.:)

TinkerBell23, did that list of groceries contain apples? You could make apple pancakes. They are so delicious, she won’t even notice that she is on diet. You know the ones with milk and cinnamon? I could write you a recipe if it will help. Or you can make blueberry cream cheese Danish oatmeal.

No Aidan1, that list does not contain apples. Unfortunately fruits are strictly forbidden in this diet.  I am aware some people eat pancakes with apples every day while on this diet, we saw that this morning while we were searching the internet to make the grocery list (they say it does not contain milk or sugar so it is supposed to be ok) but that is forbidden. Thanks anyway.

Do you have any other suggestion that does not contain: fruit, potatoes, sugar, pasta or cereal products. It would be also nice to avoid eggs, meat, lettuce, fish and coffee if it is possible.

Mellisa8, Aidan1 with all due respect , you have no idea what you are talking about. Danish diet has nothing to do with consuming Danish food. There is actually no evidence that this diet has Danish origin.

This is a very strict diet. There is a strict schedule of what to eat and when. You cannot just experiment with the recipes. It is recommended for breakfast to be before 9 am.

Here are some recommendations for breakfast:

A cup of coffee with one teaspoon of sugar.

A cup of coffee with one teaspoon of sugar and 1 piece of white toast.

One grated carrot.

A cup of tea without sugar.

This is the breakfast you are allowed to eat.