Couldn't find what you looking for?


Hi there, was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm 18 and have recently learnt that you need to retract your foreskin to clean it.. I've been masturbating fine since the age of 12 or 13. The thing is however, when I go to retract my foreskin there is a piece of skin attaching to the head of the penis, i think it's near the urthera ? (Is that where you wee? Well that's where it is) and I was wondering is there a way to get rid of it without surgery? And can i potentially just ease it so it snaps? Many thanks.

Also this only allows me to partially reveal the head


Anyone? Know anything about this? I did know it's to do with the frenulum and there are operations for it. I really don't want to have an operation however it will probably be for the best in the long run. Please someone get back to me!


Hi Anonymous1235:

You are blessed with an erogenous, highly-innervated foreskin. Many guys would envy your foreskin even though it does not retract. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision.

That "piece of skin" at the bottom of the glans is called the frenulum. Almost every male is born with a frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum has a high level of sensation because of its high innervation and serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin. The stretching of the frenulum during sexual intercourse helps to trigger ejaculation. Pulling the foreskin back with too much force can tear the frenulum.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract. Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information you need.

There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work. Urologists do this.

Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. Circumcision is NOT necessary to treat