Hello
I had light bleeding on feb 20th that lastest 5days. I have done two pregnancy tests both negative. But today I have been spotting and I don't need to wear a pad. Does anyone know what this could be?

hi, when was your period actually due?

I thought it was around feb 20th

I have the same problem but i had light spotting on the 22nd of feb and today when i wipe i have like a chocolate brown colour when i wipe My last normal period was the 28th of jan

Hope you are to find out what is going on...

Hope you do too.. I'm on a little heavier today so think Ill see how things go in the next couple of days

Does anyone know what breakthrough bleeding looks like?
Is it heavy or light?

Breakthrough bleeding is most commonly caused by an excessively thick endometrium (uterine lining). This is not a dangerous condition, though the unpredictable and often lengthy periods of bleeding are unpleasant. Breakthrough bleeding may also be caused by hormonal effects of ovulation. Breakthrough bleeding may also itself be a symptom of pregnancy (contraceptive failure).

Breakthrough bleeding is most common when a woman first begins taking oral contraceptives, or changes from one particular oral contraceptive to another, though it is possible for breakthrough bleeding to happen at any time. Smokers are especially prone to breakthrough bleeding while taking oral contraceptives; though many users experience breakthrough bleeding in the first three cycles of taking the pill, non-smokers tend to see the bleeding dissipate more quickly than smokers.

Breakthrough bleeding is likely due to hormonal fluctuations. The body is pre-programmed to make certain estrogen levels each day and the estrogen (and some additional hormones like FSH, LH and Progesterone) are responsible for regulating endometrium shedding. Therefore, when new levels of hormones enter the body through oral contraceptives, the body is provided with two ways to receive estrogen. These excess estrogen levels can cause pre-period bleeding (bleeding through). This should be regulated in several months.

Got my information from http://en.wikipedia.org

The bleeding is usually light, often referred to as "spotting," though a few women may experience heavier bleeding.
Many women find that the breakthrough bleeding ceases after one or two cycles.

Hope this helps