Hello. I'm very worried about my best friend health. She is only 18 years old and just recently experienced one serious problem. She was missing her period for almost three months. Because she isn’t sexually active she wasn’t concerned about possible pregnancy.
So, her mother took her too see a gynecologist which did some hormonal test on her.
The test shown that she has some low hormonal levels, especially some called estrogen. Is this condition serious and what the possible consequences of low hormonal levels are!? Please help me to understand some of these facts!

Well, I know some facts about this condition and I don’t mind telling you everything I know about it. You see; this low estrogen level can easily affect her menstrual cycle because they trigger the egg release.
If a woman is diagnosed as having low estrogen levels, the next step should be to test the blood level of the pituitary hormone FSH. FSH “gives order” for ovaries to produce estrogen and to ready the eggs for ovulation.
This is usually treated prescribing some estrogen-containing medications can help to induce ovulation. All I know about possible bad effects of this hormonal imbalance is that it can also have harmful emotional and psychological effects arising from late puberty or impaired fertility.