I'm concerned with the charts/calendar/calculator that helps you know when you are ovulating.Here's what I'm talking about:

I've been keeping track of my periods for the past 6 months.

When I use the calendar/calculator to see when I should ovulate or whatnot, it shows that I ovulate about a week AFTER I end my period. This doesn't seem right because I keep track of the signs when I ovulate. Example: Wet & lots of cm (cervical mucus), sore breast, etc.. When the signs show that I'm ovulating, it is usually a week BEFORE my period is supposed to start. So after putting in the correct info of periods, etc in these ovulating calculators/calendars, why does it show I'm supposed to ovulate a week after my period.? When I'm having my cervical mucus/sore breast a week before my next period.. Doesn't make sense.

Hi Tabby,

Actually, a week after your period end is probably about right. 

Most women ovulate between about days 11 and 16 of your cycle.  Day 1 is when your period starts.  Your body would be ready for implantation a week before your period is due. 

It's unlikely you are ovulating a week before your period.  Normally, by that point, the egg is no longer viable.

There are ovulation test kits, they look for an increase in specific hormones, luteinizing hormone (LH).