Hello, I am 18 years old girl and I attend a medical school. I would like to know more about brain tumors. Specifically I am interested in every information about CNS Lymphoma. Tell me all about diagnosis and treatment too. I would be very grateful if there is a doctor here with much experience in this area of medicine, who has time to explain this to me.

Hello, I am pretty experienced, so I will be happy to help to a future colleague. The cause of the condition is not known. However sometimes people with AIDS may have this kind of disease because their autoimmune system is not working properly. The first time a patient can feel pressure inside his head, and that pressure can cause headaches and it can affect eyesight too. For diagnosis CT, MRI and nerve tests are available. Of course biopsy can be a solution too. As for the treatment like for any cancer, chemotherapy is included. Radiotherapy might help and the last solution is surgery. The goal of the surgery is to remove the most of the tumor without damaging brain. Well, that is about it, except the fact that this condition is still in researching phase.