Hello. I'm 25 year old male and I'm very worried for my grand mother. You see, we have never taking her complaints seriously but this time- I believe that it is something serious.
About two weeks ago she told us that her neck lymph nodes are a bit swollen and that she has never noticed this before.
Because it lasts for couple of weeks now without any other symptoms- she contacted her doctor over this. After lymph node biopsy- her GP told her that he suspects on some Hodgkin’s lymphoma and that he needs few more days for a proper diagnosis. Can someone tell me more about this condition?

I'm a medical student and that’s how I know some facts about this condition. I'm very sorry to say but I must tell you that we are talking about one very serious condition.
You see, Hodgkin’s disease belongs to the group of cancers called lymphomas. This is malignant cancer of lymph nodes.
Mostly older people are being diagnosed with it and the prognosis is not so good. In most cases – there are no symptoms but lymphadenitis is one of the most common symptoms.
Therapy includes excision of the most affected lymph nodes and strong chemotherapy!